Gardening Update

Thursday, July 10, 2008




I'm starting to feel more positive about my first gardening experience! I was a little frustrated last month because my zucchini, squash, corn, pumpkins and cukes were all disappearing at a rapid pace. Now that July has come about, things are flourishing!

We harvested, lettuce, peas, and some fava beans for tonight. I got some collards from the community garden yesterday and they are really tasty in salad (just soak quite a bit ahead of time to soften the prickles). Everything seems to be growing and Astrid found some information about succession planting which has me plotting about what I can start this week in the green house to have for fall.

Here are some pictures of what the garden looks like now- I'm pretty proud to compare them to the May and June photos.

Our fig tree is now a tree (not a stick)



Lettuce, garlic, kale

Romano pole beans
Celery and Broccoli

Romano Beans

0 comments: