Inspiration

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I've decided to start writing down what I want to make, so that the thoughts don't disappear forever! I'd like to make some simple sandwich wraps. I'm trying to reduce the amount of waste and plastic especially, so I need to create a whole set of reusable ziploc bags- based on the lunch bag idea I did. So, I'll have to get on the drawing board for that.

My big idea of the day is a lace wedding mantilla (a spanish veil). Now, I have no idea where even to begin, so this could be an extremely long termed project!!! I'm only half way through a lace cowl (my first laced project) and it's taking quite long, but it's kid mohair and incredible. I'm imagining the same sort of idea for a winter wedding- of course I'm thinking of the photographs here! I guess this will be something I'd like to design and finish by the end of the summer if I'm to sell it...

I also have an idea for a skirt. I was thinking for Avari, but that kid has so many clothes for summer! Maybe I'll do out a tester on her teeny little bum first, and then spin off for larger sizes. I want to do a topsy turvy tiered skirt. Very Paris, perhaps a matching hat? and then, why not add a velour turtleneck to go with it...

so yes- that's what I have on the brain this week! I'm not allowing myself to start anything though until I finish one of the 5 projects I have going...

0 comments: