2008 is here!!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I love the beginning of the year, it is so exciting! I used to get more excited about September, because it seemed to be more like a new beginning- but now January works quite as well.

I have SO many aspirations this year. Photography, spinning, knitting, crocheting, sewing, and designer. How fun does that sound? Now, I only need to get back on my little crafting room, which WILL be finished by the end of this week and we're golden.

I had such a wonderful Christmas- everything was perfect and I even get to have a visit to the spa. Which tops the beginning of my to do list for 2008. Phoning tomorrow at 9:00AM!

I want to share some photos from the past few weeks

Avari opening her special doll from Berrie at Moonchild Studio.
Berrie is an incredible WAHM (work at home mom) that lives in Washington and makes Waldorf Dolls for children.

I first "met" Berrie during a Hyenacart Magic Yarn Ball Swap. She sent me the most beautiful hand dyed yarn, which became Avari's winter kimono sweater and hat. I started browsing Berrie's photo gallery and fell in love with her little moondrop she sent in the ball of yarn. We added Kittiedrop to our collection on Halloween.

I knew that Avari had to have a special doll for Christmas, and this is the wonderful doll that we ended up with....


Isn't she beautiful!!!!

To see all of the Christmas photos- click here!






We had a very hyena Christmas for sure. Here are some more awesome raves and where you can find the great stuff


The little chair is from Toddlerock. Avari LOVES it. It was the first thing she ran to Christmas morning and loves to sit in it.


The little undies in the top right corner are Dundies from Davinawear. I can't wait to get my hands on some more!


Beside the Dolly are Whiffy Bean Bags and a Whiffy See-It.
The Bean Bags are each scented and are a perfect size for little hands! The Whiffy See-It has a pocket window and little items inside that are searchable


On the floor, Avari is playing with her Square Roots Set from Beneath the Rowan Tree. Handpainted, handmade tiles with Avari's favourite things painted on them. She carries the around all day!




She was also spoiled so much from Santa at Grandma and Grandpa, and Grammy and Grampys!
Baby Stella from Manhattan Toys came with an awesome Stroller which is a huge hit! She also has a backpack and a feeding set. (and you can get a hundred different other outfits too...)

On the Hatbox is a toy from Kaloo. It is a plush pulltoy in the shape of a turtle that has a bunny on top. I love the hat box!

Behind Kaloo is a felt board and sets from Magic Castle. I love felt boards- they inspire so much imagination! Unfortunately I can't find their brand anywhere on the internet- but I'll update if I do find them!

Uncle Mike bought Avari an awesome toy/game from Haba (which is another brand that I'm desperately in love with!). It has a snake that swallows up different sized and shape blocks. The kids have to learn how to thread the blocks

The pink scoopy toy on the left is called Bilibo- talk about inspiring creativity!!!! This turtle looking shell is whatever you want it to be! So far, it is a drum and a good toy for peek a boo!

Inside Bilibo is a game called "Who Knows Whose Nose". This is another hit! There are 6 pairs of animal cards that have mix and match noses. Avari has already figured out how to get the noses in the animals- we're still working on picking the right ones! hee hee

Lynn, Allen, Ian and Emma picked out a beautiful sweater for Avari that has horses on it. It looks so gorgeous- we've worn it everywhere so far and it's so cute!!! They also sent a magnet book. I have to say that this is one of Avari's favourite toys. She loves to take the magnets out and put them on the couch, then on the book, then on the coffee table. It keeps her busy for hours!

I don't have the pictures yet from Grandma and Grandpa Dodd's house, but Avari was also spoiled from there too! She got a new pound puppy that barks when you pet it. That puppy is going to replace any need for a real one, because it is her new best friend for sure!!!. Avari has a new favourite book too, with a gorgeous book about fairies (my favourite!). Auntie Kim and Uncle Matt bought Avari a set of blocks that make an animal sound when the pieces are matched up together- we hear alot of "please please!" asking us to help put together the right sound! Some very cute outfits also from Grandma and Grandpa!

All in all it was an awesome Christmas and New Years with great food, family and fun!

0 comments: