OK- On to Serious Business

Monday, June 30, 2008

I want to chat today about Balancing. Not on a beam, but balancing life- not necessarily a schedule, but even finding an emotional balance. It's something I've always struggled with because I like to take on a hundred different things at one time, but rarely can I get any satisfaction from them because I can't focus. (Hence the name of my blog...)

On the way home on the ferry yesterday, I had it all figured out. Get a big chalkboard, make a schedule and lists and stick to it. Then I came home to a house still looking like a birthday party, loads of laundry, unpacking, gardening work... and a teething toddler.

Flash forward to today - 30 degrees weather, a clingy toddler, and all of the above list to try and accomplish. Yikes! Well, I did manage to do the gardening and a load of laundry (although I couldn't bear to put the dryer on), but not much else because I became so overwhelmed I couldn't accomplish anything except a nice visit.

So, I want to know how you balance family and home life (and work as well). What do you do? What are your tips to getting it all done - or do you?

I think that it's going to start with an earlier bedtime, which is going to be a challenge - and getting back in to some great healthy food, then accomplishing more in the mornings will be easier, leaving the rest of the day open to fun activities for Avari, and more productive fun crafts for me in the evening.

1 comments:

Jelaina said...

Hey hey! I put a bit of stuff on my blog, related to your post, today. Finding balance that's right for you can be hard! Good luck and let me know how it goes!!