Gone and Away

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Avari, my mom and I are enjoying a nice evening at the Estuary Bed and Breakfast in Comox tonight. I have my Chicks Who Click Course tomorrow morning with Karen, and then Avari's photos and then I work on Saturday. So Karen has to hang out with me for 2.5 days!

Bed and Breakfasts with kids are always a bit of a worry- especially with an early riser like Avari. It's hard to keep a wide eyed bouncy child quiet at 5AM, so I'm hoping that she has a little sleep in so she doesn't treat the other guests to a gorgeous impromptu sunrise experience.

We've spent 4 weekends at this B&B and it's great! Brenda makes a fabulous breakfast, the view is to die for (as long as you ignore the Walmart sign glowing across the estuary), and at the moment I can hear an eagle calling in the tree outside the window.

Kevin is in charge of my garden at home for the weekend, and everything was just starting to grow. The first peas appeared this morning and the most gorgeous orange and pink lilies are in bloom. Next week we'll be treating ourselves to our own lettuce!

Well, there's nothing like hanging out on a nice bright bed, so I'm going to grab my book and knitting and look for a show online to watch and enjoy the evening now that the monkey has gone to sleep.

0 comments: